Sunday, November 24, 2013

Robinson Departmental Store Haadyai

Robinson Departmental Store in Haadyai,Songkhla is just a stone throw from the Hatyai Junction main rail terminal.

 This departmental store is slightly off the main tourist belt of the Haadyai Walk street where most of the hotels and guesthouses were located.

 Tourists should not miss this secluded departmental store which has big savings and very popular among the locals.

Having 32 branches all over Thailand,the operating hours are from 10:30am till 9:00pm At the basement,were the supermarket and the food court.

Usually,I just give this supermarket a miss but this time around after buying my 3:30pm rail ticket to Bangkok,my attention was driven to the early morning sound of drum beatings.

 My eagerness to check it out was worth the effort.Interestingly the employees were having some fun activities before the department store open for the day's business.

The sweltering morning heat did not deter me from taking photos and recording their fun activities and uploading them on you tube.

 It's really fun to be with the Thai people.

All good things have to come to a close and it's back to work for the employees. I proceeded to the supermarket section and got hold of a 5 litres SINGHA brand mineral water that cost 33Baht which will last me for three days while in Bangkok.